After years of spending more money than I’d like to admit at coffee shops, I decided it was finally time to learn to make my favorite drinks at home. So, I invested in a Nespresso machine, and I haven’t stepped foot in a coffee shop ever since! The first drink I mastered at home is one of my all-time favorites, a copycat Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato.
It’s safe to say I completely nailed it when it comes to recreating this drink. It truly tastes identical, which is a scary thing, knowing I can make myself one at home any time I want!
Before we get started, I want to add that I do have the Evoluo Nespresso Machine, as mentioned earlier, which I use for the espresso shots in this drink. I think the espresso is a key ingredient in creating an authentic replica. However, if you do NOT have an espresso machine, you could also try using 2.5-3 oz strongly brewed coffee as a substitute. I haven’t tried it myself, so you’ll have to let me know your thoughts if you do!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 shots of espresso – I use one Nespresso Chiaro “double espresso” pod!
- Starbucks Caramel Sauce
- Starbucks Vanilla Syrup
- Milk of choice (I use 2% milk)
- 16 oz glass – I love using my Reusable Starbucks Cup + Straw, as pictured, or these Mason Jar tumblers.
(Click on any of the ingredients above to see where I purchase them)
- Add 1 tbsp vanilla syrup to your cup
- Top with 1 cup of ice
- Pour 3/4 cup milk over ice
- Pour espresso shots over the top
- Drizzle with caramel sauce
And that’s it! Now, tell me that doesn’t taste exactly the same as a Starbucks macchiato!? And the best part is, you can play around with the quantities to suit your own personal taste! Want it sweeter? No problem! Extra shot of espresso? No problem! More caramel? Done and DONE.
Oh, sweet Nespresso machine – Why didn’t I buy you sooner!?
PS. If you love iced coffee, be sure to also check out my recipe for Caribou’s Cold Press Iced Coffee (hint: I used to work there, so this “copycat” recipe is the exact recipe they use, and SO good!)
Copycat Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Syrup
- 1 cup ice
- 3/4 cup Milk I use 2% milk
- Caramel Sauce To taste
- 2 shots Espresso I use one Nespresso double espresso Chiaro pod
- Pour Vanilla syrup in the bottom of your glass
- Add ice on top of syrup
- Pour milk over ice
- Pour shots of espresso over the top
- Top with Caramel drizzle to taste