Today I am going to share my Copycat Caribou Cold Press Iced Coffee Recipe! I worked at Caribou all through college, which is where my love for coffee began, and their Cold Press coffee is one of my summer favorites! It’s so much smoother than regular coffee and it’s the main ingredient in my current drink obsession – a White Chocolate Crafted Press (which I will get to in my next post). But for now, here’s how to easily make this amazing iced coffee right at home…
What You’ll Need:
- Caribou Blend coffee beans (ground on “French Press” setting – they can grind the beans for you at any Caribou location, or you could use your own bean grinder. This is a great one!)
- Water (preferrably filtered vs. tap)
- Goldtone reusable coffee filter
- Large container that can hold at least 3 quarts of liquid for brewing + container to store coffee in the fridge afterwards (I love using this pretty Carafe I found at WalMart for under $5!)
(Click on any of the items listed above to see what I use and/or recommend)
- First, grind your Caribou Blend coffee beans on a French Press setting (this setting creates coarser grounds which creates a smoother, less bitter coffee). I like to buy my beans directly from my local Caribou store, because I know they’ll be super fresh, and I just have them grind the beans for me while I’m there.
- Weigh out 1/4 pound or 4 oz of coffee. I use this scale I bought on Amazon!
- Fill a large container with 2.5 quarts of cold water.
- Mix your 4 oz of coffee into the water.
- Cover and let steep for 12-16 hours.
- After allotted time, filter out the grounds, using your gold coffee filter (the gold reusable filter is the only thing I’ve used + what we used at Caribou, so I’m not sure if another kind of filter would work as well or not), into a pitcher/carafe. Then store in the fridge + ENJOY!
And stay tuned for how to use this iced coffee to make my favorite Caribou Hot & Iced Crafted Press Drinks!
Copycat Caribou Cold Press Iced Coffee
- 4 oz Caribou Blend Coffee Ground on "French Press" setting
- 2.5 quarts cold filtered water
- Pour 2.5 quarts cold water into large container
- Add in 4 oz of coffee and mix well
- Cover and let steep 12-16 hours
- Filter (using gold reusable filter) into pitcher/container for storing in the fridge, and ENJOY!